Monday, January 22, 2007

The Market Of Death

How could the weather be so shitty and it not rain? That's what i remember thinking when we were walking to the Pike Place Market. Afterwards I called to order a pizza from Pagliacci and their greeting message said that the classification of the weather that day was "dreary". I sat there and listened to the hold music and decided that I agreed with them. Huh...

Our group consists of Ka-Bing, Aimee, and myself.

My name is Greg Larson and yes, I am from Seattle. Pike Place is just another spot where outsiders like to shop for food while I just go to QFC. It's okay though. I like walking around and seeing the people that come and visit Seattle. They act like little kids in a toy store. Awestruck by every little detail in the 100+ year old structure, they walk around from booth to booth, shop to shop and enjoy every part of it. Or at least that's what it seems like to me.

This time i got more of a feeling that it is a tourist point. Postcards, thimbles, shot glasses, and t-shirts stands seem to stick out more than usual. I wonder if it would be cool to send someone a postcard from the city you live in. no?

Other highlights of this journey to the, normally crowed, market where:

-The neon coloured , sheer, headdresses (which i tried to coax the girls in to wearing)
-The Dried Fruit Stand
-The Fish guy that hit on Amiee
-The Prime Rib Sandwich I ate for lunch
-Watching Sean ride the pig
-Going in the very first Starbucks (my first time)
-Finding out there still might be culture left to find for someone who grew up in Seattle.

We did our little scavenger hunt assignment and then walked aimlessly for an hour. I don't know...

Pike Place Market... a little over rated? Maybe... It might just be I am older. I remember this summer I went on a trip to the ocean and as we drove in the back country we came across a deer. Everyone in the whole car was SOOO fucking amazed, like they've never seen a fucking deer before. Or like it fucking came down from a spaceship and was here to eat our brains out and implant us with cyborg deer brains so we'll do their bidding. I sat there and thought, "oh a dear". Needless to say everyone got mad at me because I didn't see what the big fucking deal was about a dumb ass dear standing in the middle of the road. Maybe that's the problem with with me...

Some of our trips I've already experienced. I believe the next one will gather more emotion...

No comments: